While peach season is still in full swing, give this easy Stone Fruit Peach Caprese Salad bowl a try! It’s super light and refreshing and only takes minutes to throw together. (Sorry it has taken, literally, all summer to actually share a peach recipe, but once I get them home from the store, I don’t waste time putting them into a dish — I just devour them straight). They’re just too juicy good! 😉 As for the tomato component of this salad, let me tell you, I’ve come a long way since my childhood days…I absolutely hated tomatoes — the look, the smell, and definitely the taste (the juicy insides were the worst). But, in the last number of years, as I started to eat cleaner, I’ve come to absolutely enjoy them. I mean, look at this beauty, don’t you just wanna run to the store RIGHT NOW so you can make it for lunch or a refreshing snack?!?
Stone Fruit Peach Caprese Salad
An American twist on the classic Mediterranean Caprese Salad! This bowl is light, fresh and packed full of beautiful summer flavors.
Servings: 2 people
- 4 Peaches, roughly chopped
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, torn or cubed
- Fresh Mint
- Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- To a large bowl, add all of the components (minus the balsamic) and give it a good toss.
- Divide the fruit salad among two bowls, and lightly drizzle with some balsamic.