***This post is made in collaboration with Empress 1908 Gin. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
This Cherry-Berry Gin Kombucha Cocktail is the perfect way to kick off your summer cocktail game! Cherry kombucha is mixed with simple syrup, lemon juice, gin and then topped with fresh cherries. This gin cocktail is easy and so delicious. Everyone will want seconds!
- An easy simple syrup that takes less than 5 minutes to whip up
- Empress 1908 Gin which pairs perfectly with the cherry
This gin cocktail is one I am so proud of. When I was brainstorming this idea, I knew from the beginning that I wanted this drink to have kombucha as a component. At the same time though, it could not overpower the taste of the gin. So it just came down to trying to find and merry all the right ingredients together to make it sing. And without tooting my own horn, I really believe that is what I was able to accomplish. Ha!
If you want, feel free to play around with the measurements. However, the amounts shown below allow each ingredient to shine on its own, but still complement the cocktail as a whole.
So let’s dive in…
What is it exactly?
- Kombucha is a fermented, slightly effervescent, tea made by adding bacteria and yeast to a solution of tea, sugar, and fruit juice or other flavorings. One of the reasons for its popularity is the supposed health benefits of the drink. A lot of the brands out there are quite low in sugar and calories and it contains antioxidants, some B vitamins and living probiotics as well. Feel free to do some of your own research, but it is definitely gut-friendly.
Ingredient Notes For This Cherry-Berry Gin Kombucha Cocktail:
- Simple Syrup – All you need to do is make a honey simple syrup, by simmering equal parts water and honey (in order to dissolve the honey). However, it is important that you do not boil the water, because that is not good for the honey.
- FYI: This syrup will make 7 drinks.
- Lemon Juice – You will need lemon juice. It not only cuts some of the sweetness, but you need it to enhance the gin. If you go without, it doesn’t produce a well rounded drink.
- Kombucha – I buy a 16 oz bottle and the flavor that I use is called Cherry Berry by Health Ade. This is a very popular brand so hopefully you can find yourself some. 😉 If you can’t find cherry berry, cherry is fine too.
- FYI: This much kombucha will make 3 drinks.
- Optional – Feel free to garnish each drink with a sprig of mint for fun. The pop of green is nice! And, obviously, throw in some fresh cherries as well.
To read more on the history of Empress Gin and how it came to be, please check out my Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail post. It is linked below.
And, for more Empress 1908 Gin recipes, please give these a try:
- Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail
- Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade (with Empress)
- French 75 Cocktail with Empress Gin
- Strawberry Lavender Gin & Tonic
- Mixed-Berry Ice Cream Shake
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- My Stemless Wine Glasses are from World Market.