This Chocolate Fudge Affogato is what dreams are made of! Chocolaty fudge ice cream, sea salt almonds, chocolate drizzle, and espresso make up this fun and decadent dessert. It is even better than the original.
An Affogato is an Italian, coffee-based dessert, and it literally means “drowned”. Typically, it’s served with vanilla gelato or ice cream and then “drowned” with pipping hot espresso.
My version is amped up by 1000% and way better than the original though…so check it out below!
- Chocolate fudge ice cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Crunchy almonds
This Chocolate Fudge Affogato only takes minutes to put together and the results are nothing shy of amazing! It is seriously the BEST Affogato I’ve ever had… And I’m telling you, I don’t use that term loosely.
Ingredient Notes For This Cholate Fudge Affogato:
- Espresso – No worries if you don’t have a Nespresso machine. You can easily make espresso from good quality, store bought espresso instant coffee.
- Ice Cream – For this recipe, I use the mudslide ice cream, but feel free to use whatever chocolate ice cream you like. This one by Tillamook is pretty indulgent though! 😉
- Nuts – Adding the nuts is a must! They add crunch and much needed texture.
Now tell me that doesn’t sound just heavenly?!? So give it a try — make one for you and your loved one — and share your thoughts on this recipe in the comments below.
And, for more coffee recipes, please give these a try:
- Iced Brown Sugar Caramel Latte (Slightly sweet)
- Nespresso Coffee Milkshakes (DF)
- Apple Pie Espresso Frappuccino (DF)
Chocolate Fudge Affogato
- 4 pods Arpeggio or Ristretto Nespresso, hot
- 1 quart Tillamook Mudslide Ice Cream
- Ghirardelli Premium Chocolate Sauce, for drizzling
- Dry Roasted Almonds with Seal Salt, whole
- In two glass mugs, drizzle chocolate sauce all over the bottoms and on the sides.
- Add a scoop or two of ice cream, layer with a small handful of almonds, and repeat this step again with more ice cream and almonds. Set aside.
- Brew 2 pods of Nespresso for each mug.
- Pour the hot Nespresso over the ice cream and eat right away.
- Espresso: If you don’t have a Nespresso machine that is fine. You can easily make espresso from good quality, store bought espresso instant coffee.