This Chocolate Fudge Affogato is what dreams are made of! Chocolaty fudge ice cream, sea salt almonds, chocolate drizzle, and espresso make up this fun and decadent dessert. It is even better than the original.
An Affogato is an Italian, coffee-based dessert, and it literally means “drowned”. Typically, it’s served with vanilla gelato or ice cream and then “drowned” with pipping hot espresso.
My version is amped up by 1000% and way better than the original though…so check it out below!
- Chocolate fudge ice cream
- Chocolate sauce
- Crunchy almonds
This Chocolate Fudge Affogato only takes minutes to put together and the results are nothing shy of amazing! It is seriously the BEST Affogato I’ve ever had… And I’m telling you, I don’t use that term loosely.
Ingredient Notes For This Cholate Fudge Affogato:
- Espresso – No worries if you don’t have a Nespresso machine. You can easily make espresso from good quality, store bought espresso instant coffee.
- Ice Cream – For this recipe, I use the mudslide ice cream, but feel free to use whatever chocolate ice cream you like. This one by Tillamook is pretty indulgent though! 😉
- Nuts – Adding the nuts is a must! They add crunch and much needed texture.
Now tell me that doesn’t sound just heavenly?!? I sure hope you can give it a try.
And, for more coffee recipes, please give these a try:
- Iced Brown Sugar Caramel Latte (Slightly sweet)
- Homemade Vanilla Bean Latte (DF)
- Nespresso Coffee Milkshakes (DF)
- Apple Pie Espresso Frappuccino (DF)
- The Best Iced Nespresso Mint Lattes
- Iced Honey Lavender Lattes
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print