Vegan Caramel Sauce to make it more of a dessert. Either way it’s a winner!Cozy up to fall and make this Autumn-Apple Pie Chia Pudding! This pudding is made with simple ingredients, is vegan and gluten-free, and tastes just like a delicious fresh baked apple pie. It is indulgent but without all the guilt. Enjoy it for breakfast, a snack or a fun dessert! These jars are layered with creamy, apple pie flavored chia pudding, and then topped off with warm stewed cinnamon apples. And, I’m not kidding you, it tastes just like an apple pie! You could even get fancy an add a drizzle of my
- I like to use a full fat coconut milk for this recipe, as it lends to a rich and creamy texture.
- You can make your own applesauce or use store-bought. If store-bought, just make sure to get one that is unsweetened.
- Be sure to add the cinnamon because it really brings all the flavors together. (I’ve made it before without the cinnamon and it’s just not the same). Adding the cinnamon gives it that warm/fall vibe and you want to taste that throughout the whole pudding.
- The chia seeds I use are below, and it’s a great brand!
Apple Pie Topping:
- Apples – I love Honeycrisp apples, and I love to use them whenever possible. However, you can also use Ambrosia, Pink lady, or SweeTango in their place.
- Apple Pie Spice – I use the one by McCormick and it includes a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Here is a similar one though.
- Lemon – The only size I had on hand was a large one. So, I only used 1/4 of it. You can do that or use 1/2 of a small lemon. By adding the lemon, it cuts some of the sweetness, and evens out all of the flavors.
Autumn-Apple Pie Chia Pudding:
- This is a simple recipe to pull together. Just add all of the pudding ingredients to a bowl, mix it, and let it rest in the fridge. (The longer the better). Once the pudding is ready, make the stewed apples, top each chia pudding as desired and enjoy right away.
- Chia Pudding – You can store the pudding in one large container, or individual containers. I have listed my favorite type below. Also, please note, the pudding will keep in the fridge for up to one week.
- Apples – I would store the apples separate from the pudding itself. When ready, warm the apples up and top each pudding.
Autumn-Apple Pie Chia Pudding
This pudding is made with simple ingredients, is vegan and gluten-free, and tastes just like a delicious fresh baked apple pie. Enjoy it for breakfast, a snack or a fun dessert!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 can Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk, Unsweetened
- 3/4 cup Organic Applesauce, Unsweetened
- 3 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Badia Organic Chia Seeds
- 3 medium Honeycrisp Apples, peeled and diced
- 1 1/2 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 3 tbsp Organic Maple Syrup
- Himalayan Pink Salt, just a pinch
- 1/4 large Lemon, freshly squeezed juice
- Pudding: To a large bowl, add the coconut milk, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla and cinnamon. With a hand mixer, mix on medium speed until just incorporated.
- Mix in the chia seeds and set aside. Blend the pudding a couple of different times over the next 10 minutes. Allow to sit in the fridge overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Topping: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add all of the ingredients and stir to combine. Cook the apple mixture until the mixture becomes thick and the apples are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- To assemble: Divide the pudding among 4-6 jars or containers of choice and top with apple pie filling.
- Enjoy immediately!
- Chia Seeds – You can find these Organic Badia Chia Seeds, Navitas Organics Chia Seeds, or this Organic Badia Chia Seed and Organic Flax Seed Bundle from Amazon.
- Glass Jars – These 7 oz Clear Glass Jars with Lids, or these cute 8 oz Mason Jars are also from Amazon.
- My pinch bowls are by Chrissy Teigen which I found at Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- This Artisanal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond.
- Lastly, this Clear Glass Bowl with Lid Set of 12 from Crate & Barrel is what I use to store my chia puddings in.