Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberry Crostini! This crostini comes together with beautifully roasted honey-thyme strawberries, and whipped ricotta cheese. It is then topped off with a drizzle of honey and balsamic. The combination of sweet and tart makes for a perfect spring and summer appetizer.
With every bite of baguette, you will get beautiful strawberry flavor, light ricotta cheese and hints of lemony thyme. And since the cheese is whipped, it’s not heavy at all….it is super light and fresh.
The most amazing part about this crostini though is that it’s made with my Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberries recipe. Can you say drool?!? Plus, it’s easy to execute and is made up of only 3 ingredients.
Tips For My Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberry Crostini:
- Strawberries – Make sure not to overcook them or they will become mushy.
- Baguette – I cut about 30-32 slices. And please be sure to toast them in the oven. The crunch factor is crucial alongside the other textures.
- Ricotta Cheese – This Kite Hill Almond Milk Ricotta Alternative is great for those that can not have dairy. If you use this, to mask some of the almond flavor, I recommend that you add a bit of honey before you whip it. Just play around with it though, and be sure to taste test this ricotta cheese first. Also, always whip the cheese (at room temperature) in a food processor to ensure a super smooth and velvety texture.
- Balsamic – Use a high quality one. Because, believe me, you will notice a big difference.
- Honey – For your convenience, the one I use is shown below. It is such a goodie!
- Must Have Tip – Once the crostinis are assembled, drizzle them with some of the strawberry syrup. You will thank me later! 😉
For more fun toast recipes, please give these a try:
- Peanut Butter Toast Bar
- Asparagus-Prosciutto Crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Cranberry-Orange Compote (A fun addition during the holidays)
Honey-Thyme Roasted Strawberry Crostini
- 2 lb. Strawberries, hulled and sliced in half
- 1 Baguette, sliced at a diagonal
- 1 15 oz container
Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese or Kite Hill Ricotta Alternative, whipped (room temperature)
- 3 Tbsps
Beeyond The Hive Raw Clover Honey (linked below)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for coating the bread
- Fresh Lemon Thyme Sprigs, a handful
- Balsamic Vinegar, for drizzling
- Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- To a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add the strawberries and fresh thyme. Drizzle with honey.
- Roast for 20 minutes until the berries release some of their juices. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- During the last 8-10 minutes, line a small baking sheet with parchment paper and add the bread in a single layer. Brush each piece with some olive oil and bake until golden brown.
- In a food processor, whip the ricotta cheese on high until it reaches a velvety smooth texture.
- Once the strawberries have slightly cooled, top each crostini piece with whipped ricotta and roasted strawberries. Drizzle with some strawberry syrup, balsamic vinegar and a bit more honey right before serving.
- Serve immediately.