Summer Peach-Lavender Black Iced Tea! Cool off this summer with this delicious and refreshing peach lavender iced tea. It comes together with a black peach tea, lavender simple syrup, fresh peaches and mint. This tea tastes great and is a big crowd pleaser.
- Peach Black Tea
- A light hit of lavender
- Fresh peaches and fresh mint for garnish, because garnishes are life!
Ingredient Notes For This Peach-Lavender Iced Tea:
- Simple Syrup – This syrup can be prepared in advance. Be sure to let it sit for 1 to 4 hours. The longer the better! Why? Because the longer you let it steep the more flavor you will impart. This will last in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
- FYI: It is important that you do not boil the water, because that is not good for the honey. If you are vegan, maple syrup is a great natural sweetener as well. Just stir the syrup directly into the tea mixture.
- Honey – My favorite brand that I use is listed below. So be sure to check it out. Once you try it, I promise, you will never go back to anything else. 🙂
- Lavender – This is such a great addition. Be sure to not use too much though, or the drink will taste like perfume.
- Tea Bags – If you desire a strong iced tea, you can add a couple of additional tea bags to steep in the water. (I love mine strong so I add 4 tea bags. But, if you want it lighter just add 2).
- Steep Time – Pay attention to the time here. Set a timer if you have too. You don’t want to over-steep the tea, or it will be bitter.
- Peaches – You can’t have peach tea without some delicious, fresh ripe peaches.
- Mint – This garnish is optional, but I highly recommend it. One mint sprig will enhance the drink without taking away from the lavender or peach flavor. It is so refreshing!
If you try this Summer Peach-Lavender Black Iced Tea let me know how you like it by leaving a comment below.
And, for more drink recipes, please give these a try:
- Sparkling Cherry Lime Mocktail
- Iced Passion Tea Lemonade
- Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade
- Summer Peach Whiskey Mule
Summer Peach-Lavender Black Iced Tea
- LAVENDER SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup Water, filtered
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Lavender
- PEACH TEA:
- 1 box Lipton Iced Black Tea Peach (Family size tea bags) *4 tea bags needed
- 4 cups Water, filtered
- PEACH LAVENDER TEA:
- Lavender Simple Syrup
- Peach Black Tea
- 3 cups Cold Water, filtered
- Peach Slices, for garnish
- Optional: Mint, for garnish
- Make the simple syrup. In a small pot, warm 1/2 cup water to almost boiling, but not fully boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Then add the lavender and give it a gentle stir. Cover and let steep for 1-4 hours.
- Strain the honey mixture and discard the lavender; set aside.
- Make the peach black tea. Boil 4 cups water in the microwave or over the stovetop. Add the tea bags and brew for 3-5 minutes. Remove the tea bags and set aside.
- Make the Peach Lavender Tea. To a pitcher, add the lavender simple syrup, peach black tea and 3 cups cold water and stir until combined. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Pour over ice filled glasses and garnish with peach slices and mint.
- Simple Syrup: Store in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 weeks.
- Tea Bags: If you desire a strong iced tea, you can add a couple of additional tea bags to steep in the water. (I love mine strong so I add 4 tea bags. But, if you want it lighter just add 2).
- Steep Time: Pay attention to the time. Set a timer if you have too. You don’t want to over-steep the tea, or it will be bitter.
- The Large Beer Glasses, 20 oz can be found on Amazon.
- The Artisanal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond.
- One of my all-time favorite honey brands is Beeyond The Hive. I am obsessed with their wild flower honey. So please be sure to check them out.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.