Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (Grain-Free)
This post contains affiliate links.
Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes! These fresh and fun pancakes are loaded with blueberries, some ricotta and bright lemon zest. They are the lightest and the fluffiest pancakes you will eat, and are perfect for a lazy weekend or family brunch. And bonus, they are grain free and dairy free.
- Light and fluffy
- Rich and moist
- Beyond delicious!
Ingredient Notes For These Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes:
- Flour – The flour brand I use is a paleo baking flour. So it is grain free, gluten free and only contains four simple ingredients. Plus, it has 10 grams of net carbs a serving.
- Ricotta – Dairy-free products have come along ways, if you ask me. And this particular brand is amazing! It is spot on with consistency, texture and taste. It is so good, in fact, that you can’t tell a difference in this recipe. The end result is super fluffy pancakes!
- You will not want to skip this ingredient. It is vital to the recipe. Why you ask? The ricotta will add richness and moisture to the pancakes, which will in turn produce a light, fluffy pancake. It enhances the dish without the taste of “cheese”.
- Blueberries – I like to add the blueberries once the pancakes are in the pan. This way, you can control the amount that goes into each one. And, if you’re anything like me, you want a lot of blueberries in those babies. Load them up!
- Lemon – This will add a bright, fresh touch. Plus the lemon and ricotta go hand in hand.
These Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes will become your new favorite pancake recipe! So much so you won’t want them just for breakfast… 😉 Just be sure to enjoy them warm, maybe with a bit of butter, and with a good drizzle of syrup.
And, for more breakfast goodies, please give these a try:
- Baked Quail Egg Bites
- Chai-Sweet Potato Breakfast Muffins
- Apple Turnovers with Homemade Caramel
- Cape Gooseberry Scones with Lemon
- The Best Iced Nespresso Mint Lattes
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes (Grain-Free)
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 pancakes 1x
These fresh and fun pancakes are loaded with blueberries, ricotta and bright lemon zest. They are the lightest and the fluffiest pancakes you will eat. And bonus, they are grain free and dairy free.
- Avocado Oil
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 8 oz container Kite Hill Ricotta Alternative, softened
- 1/3 cup The Original Oatly Oat Milk (No dairy, no nuts, no gluten), or milk of choice
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tbsp Beeyond The Hive Raw Wildflower Honey
- 1/2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 Lemons, zested
- 1 pint Fresh Blueberries, washed and dried
- Organic Maple Syrup, for serving
- Kite Hill Plant-Based European Style Butter, for serving
- Prep: To a small bowl, add the ricotta and set aside to soften.
- Mix: In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Blend: To the ricotta, add the milk, eggs, honey, vanilla and lemon zest. With a hand mixer, on low speed, mix until nicely incorporated. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Assemble: Preheat a griddle or skillet to medium-low heat. Add the oil to coat the surface. Scoop about 1/4 cup batter per pancake onto the preheated skillet. Add blueberries to taste.
- Cook: Cook for about 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown and cooked through. Remove the pancakes to a platter and continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve: Enjoy with warm maple syrup, butter and extra blueberries.
- Ricotta: Let it come to room temperature before using. This way, the mixture will be much easier to mix.
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Blueberry, Breakfast, Brunch, Fruit, Gluten-Free Recipes, Grain Free, Lemon, Main Dish, Pancake, Ricotta, Vegetarian
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- Both the White Rimmed Coupe Serving Platter and Stemless Wine Glasses are from World Market.
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
Two weeks ago I began a sugar free diet! (Wonders never cease)! And I think this recipe would
work within the guidelies. It looks so delicious.
You will love this recipe, Patricia! These pancakes are super light and contain minimal sugar. You definitely walk away feeling satisfied!