We eat a ton of salad in our house. It’s actually a weekly thing for us. And to be honest, a lot of the ones made were based upon what I had in my garden at the time. Overall, I just try to keep it simple and quick.
In addition to simple and quick… I’ve adopted this whole idea of “eat a lighter lunch” and treat yourself to a bigger dinner type mentality. So salads have become a go to for my husband and I.
This salad is simple yet so satisfying. The lentils are filled with lots of fiber and protein and will keep you going throughout the rest of the day, and the strawberries add a nice sweetness. Plus, who doesn’t need a good dose of cheese in their life?!? All are good ideas!
Strawberry Lentil Salad With Mixed Greens
- 1 box Mixed Greens
- Lentils, washed and cooked
- Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Feta Cheese Crumbles
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Brianna's Blush Wine Vinaigrette
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook lentils according to package directions; set aside.
- Add mixed greens to individual bowls, or one large serving bowl. Top with a generous amount of lentils, strawberries and feta cheese.
- Finish off with freshly ground black pepper and vinaigrette. Toss and serve!