Hot Honey Ginger Tea! It’s a tad bit sweet with an added spicy kick of ginger juice. This simple and delicious recipe is my at-home version of the Starbucks medicine ball…dare I say mine is better though?!? I definitely think so.
This hot tea is great to drink during cold and flu season. Let’s be honest though, it’s so good that you’ll want to sip on it regardless of being sick or not. However, if you’ve never had a medicine ball before let me fill you in.
The base is made up of steamed lemonade, honey and water. To that you add one peach tea bag and one mint tea bag and let it steep. Traditionally, Starbucks will add peppermint syrup to finish it off, but I omit that. And to make up for that omission, I love to add a splash of ginger juice as a fun pick me up.
So, the next time you want a soothing drink to calm body, mind and soul, give my Honey Ginger Tea a try!
And for reference, here’s the post for my Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade that I use in this Hot Honey Ginger Tea.
Hot Honey Ginger Tea
- HONEY SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1/2 cup Beeyond The Hive Clover Honey (linked below)
- 1/2 cup Water, filtered
- HONEY LEMONADE:
- 6 Lemons, freshly squeezed juice (equivalent to 1 cup juice)
- Honey Simple Syrup, cooled
- 3 cups Water, filtered
- HONEY GINGER TEA:
- 1/2 cup Honey Lemonade
- 6 fl oz Water, filtered
- 1 tsp The Ginger People Ginger Juice
- 1 bag Peach Herbal Tea
- 1 bag Mint Green Tea
- 1 Lemon, slice or wedge for garnish
- Honey Simple Syrup: In a small pot, warm 1/2 cup water to almost boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Let cool slightly.
- Honey Lemonade: Mix lemon juice, Honey Simple Syrup and the remaining 3 cups water together in a pitcher or large mason jar. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Hot Honey Ginger Tea: Bring 1/2 cup lemonade and 6 oz water to a gentle boil in a glass measuring cup. Place the tea bags in a mug and pour the lemonade water and ginger juice over to steep. Steep for about 5-7 minutes, and then remove the tea bags.
- Optional: add one slice or wedge of fresh lemon.
- Enjoy immediately!
- Lemonade: 7 large lemons will yield 1 1/3 cup fresh juice. 6 large lemons will yield 1 cup fresh juice. If you want more of a tart lemonade use 7 lemons. If you want more of a mellow lemonade use 6 lemons.
- My Glass Café Mug is from World Market.
- These Coffee and Tea Glasses, Set of 6 or these Arc International Luminarc Bolero Mugs, Set of 4 can be found on Amazon.
- This Olive Wood Honey Dipper which is a best seller, or this Italian Olive Wood Honey Dipper are both from Amazon as well.
- And these Duralex Glass Bowls are from Crate & Barrel.
- Lastly, I found the ginger juice at my local Natural Grocers.
* Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.