Apple, Avocado & Pomegranate Salad! This crisp fall salad is loaded with pomegranates and sweet honeycrisp apples! Keep it as a beautiful side dish, or add chicken for a more filling lunch.
Wowza, the weekend went by so fast! It was such a blast though. My sister, Jamie, stayed with my husband and I the whole weekend, and we did exactly what we planned on doing — vegged out in front of the tv, ate yummy food including the salad shown above, and talked about all things! And we played Words With Friends, lol!!! It’s new to her, so we were showing her around the app. Can I just say, it’s so cool to see my sister and husband chatting, joking with one another, and genuinely enjoying each others’ company. Not everyone has that, and I am so grateful that I do. Makes my heart very happy!
But let’s fast forward to this amazing Apple, Avocado & Pomegranate Salad! Since I wanted this to be our main dish, I simply added spicy chicken breast to make it more filling. We could not get enough of it! We even made a second grocery run for more ingredients.
It’s crisp, sweet and creamy and has such a nice bite to it. The pomegranates pop in your mouth! And considering apples and pomegranates are in season, it’s an absolute must that these gems make an appearance on our Thanksgiving table.
And since I’m helping with some side dishes and dessert for seven people, this salad is a great option.
So if you make this as a side dish, just omit the chicken.
And, for more side dish recipes, please give these a try:
- Delicious Mashed Sweet Potatoes
- Hearty Autumn-Harvest Salad with Apples
- Sweet-Honey Glazed Rainbow Carrots
- Parsnip Purée with Garlic and Herbs
Apple, Avocado & Pomegranate Salad
- 1 16 oz box Organic Spring Mix Salad
- 4 Avocados, cubed
- 6-8 Chicken Breasts, sliced
- 2 8 oz cups Pom Poms Wonderful Pomegranate Fresh Arils, sprinkled
- 4 medium Honeycrisp Apples, sliced
- 1 bag Croutons, sprinkled on top
- Dried Cranberries, sprinkled on top
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Mrs. Dash Extra Spicy Seasoning Blend (Salt-free)
- Pomegranate or Strawberry Vinaigrette
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with the seasoning blend. On medium-high heat, cook the chicken in some oil until it looses its pink color; about 5-6 minutes per side.
- During this time prep the other ingredients.
- Add all ingredients to a large serving bowl, and give it a gentle toss. Drizzle with salad dressing right before serving.
- Chicken Breast: Add 1/2 – 1 per person to make this a main dish.
- Avocado and Apples: Add 1/2 per person. (To prevent from browning, prep this at the last minute.)
- Toppings: These are just suggestions. (I usually eyeball my salad ingredients). I add a lot though, because I love a loaded salad.