These Chocolate Cherry Quinoa Bars come together with ingredients like almonds, walnuts and quinoa, and are sweetened with maple syrup. I then top them with dark chocolate and tart, dry cherries. These bars are easy to make, are nice and filling, and will become a snack that you will want to have on hand.
- Healthy & delicious
- Chocolate that is vegan, organic and paleo
- Quick & easy
- Loads of great flavor
Ingredient Notes For These Chocolate Cherry Quinoa Bars:
- Seeds – All I had on hand at the time were sunflower seeds, but pumpkin seeds will work great as well here.
- Sweetener – For this recipe I use maple syrup. However, you can use honey if you like. To keep it truly vegan, though, maple syrup is the way to go.
- Coconut Oil – The specific brand I use is shown below. If you try this brand, just be aware that you do not want to microwave this oil. What you want to do is soak the pouch in warm or hot water and then knead it well. Doing this will get it to the liquid state that you need.
- Chocolate – Any dark chocolate will do, but I do recommend that you try the Hu Kitchen brand I use for this recipe. It is absolutely delicious! And it contains no dairy, no refined sugar, etc., etc. It is made with just 3 ingredients.
- I use one heaping cup of this chocolate for the recipe. But, if you want a bit more chocolate, I would go up to a full 12 oz instead of 8 oz.
- Dried Cherries – I use unsweetened cherries, but you can use sweet or unsweet. I just like to control how much sugar is going into my goodies whenever possible.
These Chocolate Cherry Quinoa Bars are my newest snack obsession so give them a try!
And, for more snack options, please give these a try:
- Chocolate-Cherry Cold Brew Smoothie
- Loaded Tomatillo Salsa Guacamole
- Chocolate-Cherry Chia Pudding
- Classic Homemade Hummus
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print