This fresh made Avocado Serrano Guacamole Dip is loaded with red onion, cilantro and zippy serrano peppers for that extra spiciness. It’s a big time crowd pleaser! And, it is a great appetizer or quick snack option as well.
- Spicy guacamole with great flavor
- Gluten, grain and dairy free
- Loaded with all fresh ingredients
- Perfect for a family of four, or you can make it in large batches for a party
Did you know that avocado is a superfood? They are incredibly nutrient dense, and include fiber, folate, healthy fats, magnesium, potassium, vitamin B6, vitamin C and vitamin E. And, not only do they do great things for our health, but they are very creamy and mellow in flavor, so easily compliment an array of dishes.
Ingredient Notes For This Avocado Serrano Guacamole Dip:
- Avocado – Removing the pit from the avocado can be tricky. I, along with others that I know, have come close to loosing a finger or hand by cutting an avocado with a knife. The smartest and safest way to do this is by using a special avocado tool. This tool splits, pits, slices and scoops all in one. It is the best! (The tool is shown in the recipe card).
- Pepper – If you like your guacamole spicy, leave the rib and seeds in. If you want it less hot, cut the rib and seeds out. (This recipe calls for serrano peppers. However, if you can’t find them then jalapeños can also work as a substitute).
- Onion – The recipe calls for a small one. However, if using a large one, cut about 1/3 off and use what you want from that. Add more or less to taste.
- Cilantro – In my opinion, the more the better here! There isn’t a specific measurement. So just add what you like.
How To Serve The Serrano Guacamole Dip:
- For more eye appeal, you can add a bit more red onion and serrano pepper for presentation. Then top with a lime slice and cilantro sprig. And when ready, serve alongside with your favorite chips.
- Serve in a mortar to make it extra fun! (This link is shown below the recipe card).
- Be sure to have extra ingredients on hand, because everyone is going to want more in the coming days, if not right away. Ha!
- Make it into a meal. You can even load up a crunchy tostada shell with lettuce and this guacamole for a healthy, meatless meal. (I’ve tried it, and it’s a goodie)!
And, for more snack ideas, please give these a try:
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- This Mortar and Pestle Set is from Amazon.