Grapefruit Vodka Lemonade (Two Ways)
Grapefruit Vodka Lemonade made two ways is a delicious and super simple cocktail that you can serve all summer long. It comes together with a homemade lemonade and grapefruit vodka. And if you want some added bubbly just top it off with club soda. That is it!
- Grapefruit flavored vodka that is made with juice from real grapefruits
- A homemade lemonade recipe, which is less in sugar than a store bought version
- Refined-sugar free
This cocktail is meant to be simple and quick. And since I love the sound of grapefruit and lemonade together I wanted to make those ingredients shine, so that is what I did.
Ingredients Needed For The Homemade Lemonade:
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference in the world when it comes to a great glass of lemonade. So please don’t cut yourself short here – no bottled juice!
- Juicer – I like to use this 2-in-1 Citrus Juicer from Amazon. It not only does the job quick, but the cup allows me to reserve the pulp from the lemons, which is what I want for this recipe.
- Sweetener – I usually sweeten my lemonade with honey, because the floral flavor pairs so well with it. All you need to do is make a honey simple syrup, by simmering equal parts water and honey (in order to dissolve the honey). However, it is important that you do not boil the water, because that is not good for the honey. If you are vegan, maple syrup is a great natural sweetener as well. Just stir the syrup directly into the lemonade mixture.
- Cold Filtered Water – I recommend using cold filtered water here, especially if you plan on serving this drink right away. That way the lemonade will be chilled from the get go.
- Helpful Tip – Some people like their lemonade more sweet while others like it more tart. I give some advice on the preparation in the recipe card, so just be mindful of what type you like and taste as you go.
Grapefruit Vodka Lemonade (Two Ways):
- Vodka – For this recipe, I use Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka. It is delicious, simple and makes this cocktail what it is.
- Lemonade – Once the lemonade is made, this drink takes just seconds to put together. So, this cocktail is the perfect cocktail for parties, large gatherings, or pretty much anything where you will be hosting a lot of people. 😉
- Tip – Just make the lemonade a head of time and refrigerate it until ready to use. It is that easy! And, while you are at it, you may want to make two batches because it will go quick.
- Garnishes – If you know me at all you know that I love drink garnishes. So that said, don’t forget the grapefruit wedge. You can even add a lemon wedge as well.
- Option Two – So just to be clear, option one is: grapefruit vodka, lemonade and the fruit garnish. The second way to make this cocktail is by finishing off the whole drink with either Topo Chico or Club Soda. Doing so adds such a fun bubbly effervescence. Plus, it lightens up the drink just a bit. I love both ways!
Looking for more easy drink recipes? Here are my top five spring and summer favorites:
- Honey Lavender Gin Lemonade (with Empress)
- Sparkling Cherry Lime Mocktail (Crisp & Refreshing)
- The Best Summer Peach Whiskey Mule
- Strawberry Lavender Gin & Tonic
- Boozy Mint-Lavender Lemonade Punch
- Summer Peach-Lavender Iced Tea
FOLLOW ALONG! Subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for the latest updates, recipes and content.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
Grapefruit Vodka Lemonade (Two Ways)
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
Grapefruit Vodka Lemonade made two ways is a delicious and super simple cocktail that you can serve all summer long. It comes together with a homemade lemonade and grapefruit vodka. And if you want some added bubbly just top it off with club soda.
- FRESH SQUEEZED LEMONADE:
- 7 large Lemons, freshly squeezed juice plus the pulp (equivalent to 1 1/3 cup juice) *8 large lemons if you want it a bit less sweet
- 1/2 cup Beeyond The Hive Clover Honey
- 4 cups Cold Filtered Water
- GRAPEFRUIT VODKA LEMONADE (TWO WAYS):
- 1 1/2 – 2 oz Deep Eddy Ruby Red Vodka
- 5 oz Lemonade, or to taste
- Ruby Red Grapefruit Wedge, for garnish
- Optional: Topo Chico Mineral Carbonated Mineral Water or Club Soda, for topping
- Honey Simple Syrup: In a small pot, warm 1/2 cup water to almost boiling, but not fully boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Let cool slightly.
- Lemonade: Mix lemon juice, Honey Simple Syrup and the remaining 3 1/2 cups water together in a pitcher. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- How to serve: Fill glasses with ice. Add the lemonade and vodka and stir to combine. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
- Optional: Finish off the glass with Topo Chico or Club Soda for added effervescence.
- Lemonade: Store in a sealed pitcher in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Beverage, Drink, Cocktail
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Fruit, Gluten-free, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lemonade Recipes, Low Calorie, Low-Fat, Mixed Drink, Outdoor Party, Recipes for Parties
- These White Marble Ceramic Coasters, or these White Marble-Style Coasters are from Amazon.
- And lastly, my Stemless Wine Glasses are from World Market.