***This post is made in collaboration with Beeyond The Hive. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade is a simple 3-ingredient recipe that is naturally sweetened with the best high quality honey, and is easily adjustable to make as sweet or tart as you would like.
To make Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade, you will need three simple ingredients:
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference in the world when it comes to a great glass of lemonade. So please don’t cut yourself short here – no bottled juice! And to make prep time go faster, make sure to invest in a good-quality citrus juicer (links are provided below).
- Sweetener – I usually sweeten my lemonade with honey because the floral flavor pairs so well with it. And ever since discovering Beeyond The Hive honey it is now my go-to sweetener of choice. All you need to do is make a honey simple syrup, by simmering equal parts water and honey (in order to dissolve the honey). However, it is important that you do not boil the water, because that is not good for the honey. If you are Vegan, maple syrup is a great natural sweetener as well. Just stir the syrup directly into the lemonade mixture.
- Cold filtered water – I recommend using cold filtered water here, especially if you plan on serving this drink right away. That way the lemonade will be chilled from the get go.
Other possible lemonade variations:
- Sugar-Sweetened Lemonade – This is traditionally made with granulated sugar or brown sugar. You would make a simple syrup in order to dissolve the sugar evenly, and then add it to the lemonade mixture.
- Pink Lemonade – Made with either cranberry, strawberry or raspberry juice or puree, and then stirred in with the fresh lemon juice. I recommend using equal parts pink juice to lemon juice, but feel free to play around with it.
- Lavender Lemonade – You will need to make a lavender honey simple syrup. Once it has cooled, discard the lavender and add it to the lemonade mixture.
- Limeade – To make limeade, you can substitute the lemon juice for the lime juice, and adjust the sweetener to your liking.
- Sparkling Lemonade – For sparkling lemonade, use your favorite sparkling water in place of still water.
- Spicy Lemonade – To make it spicy, add a pinch or two of Cayenne Pepper for a fun kick of flavor.
- Add Fresh Herbs – Fresh herbs always brighten up drinks! So get creative and have fun with it. You can stir or muddle in a few sprigs of fresh herbs into your pitcher of lemonade, such as basil, mint or rosemary.
- Add Alcohol – To make it boozy, add a splash or two of gin, vodka, or whiskey.
Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade
- 7 large Lemons, freshly squeezed juice (equivalent to 1 1/3 cup juice)
- 1/2 cup Beeyond The Hive Clover Honey (linked below)
- 4 cups Cold Filtered Water
- Honey Simple Syrup: In a small pot, warm 1/2 cup water to almost boiling, but not fully boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the honey until fully dissolved. Let cool slightly.
- Mix lemon juice, Honey Simple Syrup and the remaining 3 1/2 cups water together in a pitcher. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Pour over ice filled glasses and garnish with lemon slices.
- Lemonade: Store in a sealed pitcher in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Looking for more easy drink recipes? Here are a few of my summertime favorites:
NOTE: The Mikasa Cheers Belly Pitcher featured here is from Bed Bath & Beyond. The Marble & Wood Cheese Board featured here is from Williams Sonoma. These SipWell Stainless Steel Drinking Straws, Set of 4, Antonki Reusable Straws, 8 Pack and White Carrara Marble Coasters, Set of 5 can be found on Amazon.