***This post is made in collaboration with Beeyond The Hive. All content, ideas and words are my own.***
Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade is a simple 3-ingredient recipe that is naturally sweetened with the best high quality honey, and is easily adjustable to make as sweet or tart as you would like.
Ingredients Needed For This Fresh Squeezed Homemade Lemonade:
- Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice – Fresh lemon juice makes all the difference in the world when it comes to a great glass of lemonade. So please don’t cut yourself short here – no bottled juice! And to make prep time go faster, make sure to invest in a good-quality citrus juicer (links are provided below the post).
- Sweetener – I usually sweeten my lemonade with honey because the floral flavor pairs so well with it. And ever since discovering Beeyond The Hive honey it is now my go-to sweetener of choice. All you need to do is make a honey simple syrup, by simmering equal parts water and honey (in order to dissolve the honey). However, it is important that you do not boil the water, because that is not good for the honey. If you are vegan, maple syrup is a great natural sweetener as well. Just stir the syrup directly into the lemonade mixture.
- Cold Filtered Water – I recommend using cold filtered water here, especially if you plan on serving this drink right away. That way the lemonade will be chilled from the get go.
Other Possible Lemonade Variations:
- Sugar-Sweetened Lemonade – This is traditionally made with granulated sugar or brown sugar. You would make a simple syrup in order to dissolve the sugar evenly, and then add it to the lemonade mixture.
- Pink Lemonade – Made with either cranberry, strawberry or raspberry juice or puree, and then stirred in with the fresh lemon juice. I recommend using equal parts pink juice to lemon juice, but feel free to play around with it.
- Lavender Lemonade – You will need to make a lavender honey simple syrup. Once it has cooled, discard the lavender and add it to the lemonade mixture.
- Limeade – To make limeade, you can substitute the lemon juice for the lime juice, and adjust the sweetener to your liking.
- Sparkling Lemonade – For sparkling lemonade, use your favorite sparkling water in place of still water.
- Spicy Lemonade – To make it spicy, add a pinch or two of Cayenne Pepper for a fun kick of flavor.
- Add Fresh Herbs – Fresh herbs always brighten up drinks! So get creative and have fun with it. You can stir or muddle in a few sprigs of fresh herbs into your pitcher of lemonade, such as basil, mint or rosemary.
- Add Alcohol – To make it boozy, add a splash or two of gin, vodka, or whiskey.
Looking for more easy drink recipes? Here are a few of my summertime favorites:
- Summer Peach-Lavender Iced Tea
- Iced Passion Tea Lemonade (with Tazo)
- Sparkling Cherry Lime Mocktail (Crisp & Refreshing)
- Honey Lavender Lemonade (lightly floral & sweet)
- Iced Honey Lavender Lattes
- Sparkling Pomegranate Berry Punch
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- The Mikasa Cheers Belly Pitcher shown here is from Bed Bath & Beyond.
- The Marble & Wood Cheese Board shown here is from Williams Sonoma.
- The 12-Pack Stainless Steel Metal Straws, StrawExpert Set of 16 Reusable Stainless Steel Straws, White Carrara Marble Coasters, Set of 5, Manual Citrus Press Juicer and the 2-in-1 Citrus Juicer can all be found on Amazon.
- And lastly, these White Marble Ceramic Coasters, or these White Marble-Style Coasters can be found on Amazon as well.