This Sweet-Coconut Thai Chai Iced Tea is made up of Rooibos Tea, and exotic spices to give the most rich and flavorful iced tea experience! Add some fresh mint and you have yourself a refreshing iced tea.
I love tea (hot, cold, sweet, extra sweet, spicy), and for the longest time I have wanted to make a special tea drink with my Sweet Coconut Thai Chai tea bags that I bought from Celestial Seasonings.
So the idea of Thai Iced Tea hit me. And if you’ve never had it before you are missing out. It is made up of tea, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk, and then served over ice. Since I love chai tea, I thought it would be a win win! To keep it dairy free though, I use cream of coconut.
And let me tell you what, everyone loves this new recipe. Even the people in my family who hate the thought of tea and milk mixed together love it. HA! I have finally converted them!
Funny story. One day I asked my mom to come over to give this drink a try. When she found out that tea and milk were mixed together in her cup she freaked out. No joke, as she stood in my kitchen holding her cup, she stomped her feet, made noises and fought with herself to try or not to try the tea. LOL! I felt so bad so I told her not to do it. But, after a minute, she did give it a try. And, to both of our surprise, she said, “Oh my gosh…THAT IS GOOD!!!” 😉 So what’s the moral of the story? Don’t knock it until you try it!
- Easy to make
- Rich in flavor
- Tea – This recipe features a Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai Chai Tea. The link to the one I use is below.
- Sugar – I like to use raw cane sugar. Granulated sugar will work just fine too.
- Coconut Cream – This is a great dairy-free option. It is a gourmet cream of coconut packed with all-natural, handpicked tropical coconuts. It’s perfect for creating authentic cocktails like pina coladas, daiquiris and much more.
- Fresh Mint – Be sure to add the mint. It completes the drink beautifully.
This Sweet-Coconut Thai Chai Iced Tea is a vibrant, light and refreshing drink! So, the next time you want something outside of your normal hot or iced tea, give this one a try.
For more fun drink ideas, please give these a try:
- Sparkling Cherry Lime Mocktail
- Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail
- Summer Peach Whiskey Mule
- Boozy Mint-Lavender Lemonade Punch
- Iced Nespresso Mint Lattes
Sweet Coconut Thai Chai Iced Tea
- 4 cups Water, filtered
- 6 Celestial Seasonings Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai Chai Tea Bags
- 1/2 cup Florida Crystals Organic Raw Cane Sugar (linked below)
- 3/4 cup Coco Real Cream of Coconut
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Over medium-high heat, bring the water and sugar to a boil; stir to combine. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tea bags.
- Allow the tea to steep for 1 hour.
- Discard the tea bags and add the tea and the cream of coconut into a pitcher. Vigorously whisk until the cream is completely dissolved.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, or until ready to serve.
- Pour into four ice-filled glasses and garnish with fresh mint sprigs.
- Enjoy the sweet deliciousness!!!
- Fresh Mint: I suggest adding this and using it to stir your drink. It really amplifies the flavors even more.
- Refrigeration Time: This time is not included in the total time.
- The Sweet Coconut Thai Chai can be found on Amazon.
- These Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls by Chrissy Teigen can be found at Target, or this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon.
- The Artisanal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond.
*Be sure to click the Yum button, which will allow you to save this recipe to your Yummly recipe box.