This Sweet-Coconut Thai Chai Iced Tea is made up of Rooibos Tea, and exotic spices to give the most rich and flavorful iced tea experience! Add some fresh mint and you have yourself a refreshing iced tea.
I love tea (hot, cold, sweet, extra sweet, spicy), and for the longest time I have wanted to make a special tea drink with my Sweet Coconut Thai Chai tea bags that I bought from Celestial Seasonings.
So the idea of Thai Iced Tea hit me. And if you’ve never had it before you are missing out. It is made up of tea, sugar, and sweetened condensed milk, and then served over ice. Since I love chai tea, I thought it would be a win win! To keep it dairy free though, I use cream of coconut.
And let me tell you what, everyone loves this new recipe. Even the people in my family who hate the thought of tea and milk mixed together love it. HA! I have finally converted them!
Funny story. One day I asked my mom to come over to give this drink a try. When she found out that tea and milk were mixed together in her cup she freaked out. No joke, as she stood in my kitchen holding her cup, she stomped her feet, made noises and fought with herself to try or not to try the tea. LOL! I felt so bad so I told her not to do it. But, after a minute, she did give it a try. And, to both of our surprise, she said, “Oh my gosh…THAT IS GOOD!!!” 😉 So what’s the moral of the story? Don’t knock it until you try it!
- Easy to make
- Rich in flavor
Ingredient Notes For This Sweet-Coconut Thai Chai Iced Tea:
- Tea – This recipe features a Decaf Sweet Coconut Thai Chai Tea. There is a link to the one I use below.
- Sugar – I like to use raw cane sugar. Granulated sugar will work just fine too.
- Coconut of Cream – This is a great dairy-free option. It is a gourmet cream of coconut packed with all-natural, handpicked tropical coconuts. It’s perfect for creating authentic cocktails like pina coladas, daiquiris and much more.
- Fresh Mint – Be sure to add the mint. It completes the drink beautifully.
This Sweet-Coconut Thai Chai Iced Tea is a vibrant, light and refreshing drink! So, the next time you want something outside of your normal hot or iced tea, give this one a try.
And, for more fun drink ideas, please give these a try:
- Sparkling Cherry Lime Mocktail (Crisp & Refreshing)
- Empress Pear-Rosemary Gin Cocktail
- The Best Summer Peach Whiskey Mule
- Boozy Mint-Lavender Lemonade Punch
- The Best Iced Nespresso Mint Lattes
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating below so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!Print
- The 12-Pack Stainless Steel Metal Straws or, StrawExpert Set of 16 Reusable Stainless Steel Straws, White Marble Ceramic Coasters or these White Marble-style Coasters are all from Amazon.
- My pinch bowls are from Target, but this similar set of Cravings 3 Stoneware Pinch Bowls can be found on Amazon. These Terracotta Pinch Bowls are from Amazon as well and are a best seller.
- And lastly, the Artisanal Kitchen Supply Marble Trivet in White is from Bed Bath and Beyond.