This Grilled Sweet Corn and Black Bean Salad was such a fun side dish for our 4th of July lunch! It was the perfect combination of sweetness, spiciness and acidity all in one bite.
You can enjoy this corn salad by itself, with tortilla chips or over tacos (my husband came up with this one)! 😉 We’ve tried them all, and you can’t go wrong with this one.
Grilled Sweet Corn & Black Bean Salad
- 4 ears Grilled Sweet Corn on the Cob, husked
- 1 1/2 cans Bush's Best Black Beans, reduced sodium, washed and drained
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- Red Onion, to taste
- 1 1/2 Limes, freshly squeezed juice
- Cilantro, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- McCormick Chipotle Chili Pepper Powder, to taste (go easy)
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil, for drizzling
- Brush or drizzle the corn cobs with Avocado oil.
- On medium-high heat, grill the corn for 10 minutes, turning consistently.
- Over a cutting board - hold one corn cob vertically - cutting the kernels off. Repeat this process with the remaining corn cobs.
- To a large bowl, add the corn, black beans, bell pepper, onion and lime juice; stir to combine.
- Add the black pepper, salt and cilantro to taste - checking the flavors as you go.
- Lastly, sparingly add the chipotle powder, again testing the flavors as you go.