Hey all! Boy oh boy, do I have a sweet goodie for you today! It’s an indulgence for sure, but since Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, why not right?!?
This goodie came to be for two simple reasons: I’m madly in love with our Nespresso machine (my daily latte is an ABSOLUTE MUST — my husband and I are seriously obsessed), and because I love a nicely done Affogato.
An Affogato is an Italian, coffee-based dessert, and it literally means “drowned”. Typically, it’s served with vanilla gelato or ice cream and then “drowned” with pipping hot espresso. But my version is amped up by 1000% — and way better than the original — because I add fudgy, chocolaty ice cream made by my favorite brand Tillamook, drizzled chocolate sauce and sea salt almonds for added crunch. Now tell me that doesn’t sound just heavenly?!?
This dessert only takes minutes to put together and the results are nothing shy of amazing! It is seriously the BEST Affogato I’ve ever had… And I’m telling you, I don’t use that term loosely.
So give it a try — make one for you and your loved one this Valentine’s Day — and share your thoughts on this recipe in the comments below.
And no worries if you don’t have a Nesspresso machine. You can easily make espresso from good quality, store bought espresso instant coffee.
Happy early Valentine’s Day!
Chocolate Fudge Affogato
- 4 pods Arpeggio or Ristretto Nespresso, hot
- 1 quart Tillamook Mudslide Ice Cream
- Ghirardelli Premium Chocolate Sauce, drizzled
- Dry Roasted Almonds With Seal Salt, whole
- In two glass mugs, drizzle chocolate sauce all over the bottoms and on the sides.
- Add a scoop or two of ice cream, layer with a small handful of almonds, and repeat this step again with more ice cream and almonds. Set aside.
- Brew 2 pods of Nespresso for each mug.
- Pour the hot Nespresso over the ice cream and eat right away.