This vibrant Chimichurri Sauce is the perfect bite of fresh herbs, vinegar, garlic and heat. It pairs perfectly with grilled meats and can also be used as a light salad dressing.
It has definitely been a cooler day here today — in the 50s and breezy. It’s a far cry from our 70+ degrees that we had over the weekend. It was still a great day though!
Last week, I was the only one here. Tim was on a week long business trip, and the kids were with their mom over Spring Break vacation. Because I was alone, I was able to prep, cook and take pictures of 11 different recipes for you all. So there’s a lot in store and I can’t wait to share.
This Chimichurri Sauce is one of those recipes, and it’s a BIG favorite of mine. (Chimichurri is an uncooked, raw sauce typically used for grilled meats). I’ve made it a ton before… generally serving it over a steak based meal.
Before Tim left for the week, I was able to make Chimichurri Steak Tacos for the two of us again. It was the perfect send off meal!
He did the grilling and I took care of everything else. Man it was good! The steaks were grilled to perfection, and the Chimichurri Sauce had just the right amount of everything — fresh herbs, vinegar, garlic and heat.
If you’ve never tried this, you should definitely make it the next time you fire up the grill. You won’t regret it!
And bonus, the steak tacos will be on the blog next. 😉
And, for more delicious recipes, please give these a try:
- Grilled Flank Steak with Chimichurri
- The Best Chimichurri Flank Steak Tacos
- Roasted Green Chile Cheeseburgers
- Easy Grilled Chili-Lime Fish Tacos
- Grilled-Sweet-Corn & Black Bean Salad
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/3 cup Flat Leaf Italian Parsley Leaves, loosely packed (remove most of the stems)
- 1/3 cup Cilantro Leaves, loosely packed (remove most of the stems)
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- To the food processor, add the parsley, cilantro, garlic, red wine, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Process to combine.
- On low speed, slowly add the olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes up to an hour before serving.